Here is an easy recipe for almost fool-proof brussels sprouts which makes for a delicious side dish. It would also be perfect to put on the table for Thanksgiving.
Pan-Seared Brussels Sprouts
Write a review
- 300 grams brussels sprouts
- 1-2 whole garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- Peel off the outer leaves of the brussels sprouts and cut off the ends.
- Heat a generous amount of olive oil in a frying pan. Add the garlic cloves whole and the brussels sprouts. Sear the sprouts. Lower the flame and add 3/4 cup of water and cover the frying pan. Let the sprouts cook until the water has evaporated.
- Check to see if the sprouts have softened, you will probably need to add another 3/4 cup of water and cover the pan again. Once you can easily spear the sprouts with a fork, uncover and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add the lemon juice, a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper to taste.
- After removing the sprouts from the pan, drizzle again with balsamic vinegar to taste and make sure to remove the garlic cloves!
Moxie d'amore http://moxiedamore.com/