In an attempt to make a dinner on the healthier side, I took a look at soup recipes on Pinterest and this roasted cauliflower red pepper one caught my eye. It was kind of a long shot of a recipe since Luca doesn’t like cauliflower, but I wanted to try it anyway.
It was absolutely delicious! Luca even liked it, which means it’s gotta be good if the main ingredient is one he doesn’t even like!
I’ve adapted this recipe from Gal on a Mission since I did’t have all the ingredients or a big enough oven. If you really like garlic, add a clove or two more. If you prefer a thinner soup, add more vegetable broth. If you want a chunkier soup, don’t blend it so much. This recipe is super easy to adjust to your tastes and preferences. You could even spice it up with some chili powder!
- 3 Red bell peppers
- 1 Large cauliflower head
- 1 Medium sized onion
- 1 Garlic clove
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut the bell peppers in half and remove the seeds. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place skin side up on the tray and grill/broil for 10-15 minutes. There should be some charred spots of the skins. Remove from oven, place on a plate and cover with tin foil. Set aside.
- Cut up the cauliflower (in small pieces or sliced thinly). Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place cauliflower on the tray and grill/broil in oven for 10- 15 minutes. The tips should be black.
- Dice the onion and garlic clove. In a large pot with 3 tablespoons of oil sauté the onion and garlic until golden brown. Add the thyme and paprika.
- Pour in the 3 cups of vegetable broth and stir. Let simmer.
- While the onions and broth are simmering, remove the tin foil from the peppers and remove the skin from the peppers and throw away. Cut the peppers into small pieces and add to the pot. If needed, cut up the cauliflower into smaller pieces and add to the pot. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and with an emulsion blender, blend the soup until creamy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and enjoy!